BPF Tomorrow's Leaders Awards
The BPF Tomorrow’s Leaders Awards 2018 are now open for entry to find and celebrate the UK real estate industry’s rising stars. The winners of the awards will be announced at the BPF President’s Lunch on 17 May 2018.
The award categories are:
- BPF Community Engagement Award
- BPF Innovation Award
- BPF Collaboration Award
- BPF Inclusive Design Award
- BPF Rising Star Award
Criteria and Eligibility for Nominations
- We will accept nominations for all categories from any individual who has less than ten years’ experience working within the real estate industry; or a team or organisation where the nominated team leader or project director has less than ten years’ experience working within the real estate industry.
- Entries are welcomed from private, public, or not for profit organisations operating within the UK real estate sector. Nominations will be accepted from both BPF members and non-members.
- Nominations must relate to projects commenced within the last 12 months.
- Nominations open on 5 December 2017 and will close at midday on 1 March 2018. Other than for the Rising Star category, you can enter yourself, suggest a colleague or be nominated by a fellow real estate professional.
- For the Rising Star category, self-nominations will not be accepted; nominations may be made by a colleague or fellow real estate professional and should only be submitted with the nominee’s permission.
- Submissions should be no more than 650 words and no less than 550 words. You may include testimonials, references and press coverage to support your submission if it forms part of the 650-word count. Any submission that exceeds the word count limit will automatically be disqualified.
- All submissions need to have an element of demonstrable inclusivity.
- Your nomination will be reviewed by members of the BPF Awards team who will then draw up a shortlist for each category. Our panel of expert judges will then review the shortlist and select the winners in each of the Award categories.
- The final winners for each category will be announced at the prestigious BPF President’s Lunch to be held at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms on 17 May 2018. All shortlisted nominees will be invited to attend the lunch as guests of the BPF.
Should you require any further information about the eligibility or criteria process please email Sam Lamont (email@example.com).
Top 5 Tips for Completing a Nomination
- Keep to the word count! Anything over will be ignored.
- Don’t be reticent. The panel of judges are looking for clear examples of how you or your project meet the general and specific eligibility criteria.
- Assume that the panel of judges know nothing about you or your project. Outline the context, what you did, why you did it, what were the challenges and the impact.
- Support your nomination with evidence such as data, statistics, testimonials and feedback.
- Highlight what you have done differently. The panel of judges want to hear about originality, innovation and new approaches.
Meet the Judges
This year’s judging panel will comprise:
- Madeleine McDougall, Head of Commercial Real Estate,Lloyds Banking Group
- Ian Marcus, Senior Advisor, Eastdil Secured and BPF Honorary Life Member
- Angela Harrowing, Deputy Director, Asset Efficiency and One Public Estate, Government Property Unit
- BPF Community Engagement Award: Where a team, project or initiative has created a positive and sustainable impact on a place or community
- BPF Innovation Award: Where a team, individual or project has delivered innovation or change that is helping to transform our industry’s future.
- BPF Collaboration Award: Where a team, individual or project working within our sector has achieved something in partnership that would not have been possible if the partners had been working alone.
- BPF Inclusive Design Award: Where a team, individual or project has adapted or created an outstanding public or private space that has transformed the wellbeing, conditions and needs of a diverse community which it serves
- BPF Rising Star Award: Where an individual has made an exceptional contribution to their organisation or the industry, and can demonstrate strong potential to rise to the highest levels of leadership within the industry.
Submit a nomination
Click on our Judgify submission page and register your submission online. You can log back in to amend your submission if need be, until the close date (1 March 2018).