Membership and Events Officer
Title: Membership and Events Officer
Tenure: Full-time permanent
Reporting to: Head of Engagement
Be at the forefront of our work to deliver excellent events and services to our members.
The British Property Federation is the membership body for the UK property sector. Our members include developers, investors and managers of property as well as agents, lawyers and advisers and our 1400-strong young professionals network BPF Futures. We work to promote a diverse and successful real estate industry, that uses resources sustainably and is recognised for the contribution it makes to society.
Your role will be to support the Heads of Engagement and Events to make sure we deliver an excellent service to our members across the country. You will help manage our relations with our members through ensuring we maintain up-to-date information, answering members’ queries and helping to deliver our extensive programme of member events.
You will be an inquisitive self-starter able to operate on your own initiative, and to manage competing priorities effectively. You will have excellent IT and communication skills and as someone at the front line of our relationship with our members you will be someone who enjoys building relationships, both within the business and with our members.
You will be able to develop an understanding of the industry and apply that to our work so that we reflect current market trends and members’ priorities. You will be encouraged to offer your own ideas to improve our service.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
Job Summary: The role of the Membership and Events Officer is to help provide excellent services to BPF’s members by:
- Assisting in membership management across the whole member lifecycle from recruitment to renewals, keeping member information current on the CRM system and providing support to the Head of Engagement on membership enquiries and client support/liaison.
- Supporting the delivery of member events in London and around the country, including the BPF’s six regional fora and the regional Policy Committee
- Supporting the Finance Manager to ensure that the annual fees renewal process runs smoothly and working with them to ensure any queries arising are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
Key roles and responsibilities:
To execute any new application requests; track new member enquiries – arranging meetings where necessary, validate membership banding, generating invoices, monitoring payment of subscriptions and administer membership benefits/records on the CRM.
- Manage and regularly update the CRM system to reflect contacts and organisation changes relating to members
- Work alongside the Head of Engagement to migrate content to the new CRM system and developing new procedures
- Provide monthly reports to the Digital & Marketing team for amending the website, which would include but not exclusive to:
- Website list of members (new/resigned)
- Website PDF of committee members
- Website committees page
- Mailchimp events invites list (email/first name) additions
- Anyone to be removed from mail chimp or email updates list
- Keep the committees waiting list updated and monitor waiting lists
- Be responsible for arranging the BPF’s six regional fora, agreeing dates with the Head of Engagement, sourcing venues and arranging necessary supporting papers
- Be responsible for arranging the Regional Policy Committee liaising with the CEO and head of Engagement
- Provide support as required to the Head of Events and/or BPF Futures Officer
- General ad hoc event management support may also include but exclusive to generating event management materials such as invitations, booklets/programmes, newsletters, delegate lists etc
- Support the Finance Manager to ensure that invoices are correctly issued and that any queries from members are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
- Reporting – generating reports on membership renewals, engagement and financial reporting etc…
- Supporting Head of Engagement on ad-hoc tasks
- Head of Engagement
- Head of Events
- Finance Manager
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and on own initiative
- Able to deal with a variety of different pressures and activities at the same time
- Excellent IT software skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports
- Excellent telephone manner and able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience of using a CRM system
Terms and conditions
- Office location: Central London (SW1Y)
- Permanent: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 17:30
- Subject to two satisfactory references
- Notice period: 1 month
- 6 month probationary period
- £28,000 – £36,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and office closures
- Excellent company pension scheme (employee pension contribution of up to 5% matched by employer contribution of up to 15%)
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probationary period)
- Private healthcare (after probationary period)
- Group life insurance from day one of employment
- Flexible working considered
- Office fruit
Closing date for applications
Friday 1st November 2019
W/C 11th November 2019
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to Hayley Boyd, Office and HR Manager, email@example.com or call to discuss on 0207 802 0100