The BPF Futures Tomorrow’s Leaders Awards 2019 are now open for entry to find and celebrate the UK real estate industry’s rising stars.
The winners of the awards will be announced in May, at a venue and date to be announced shortly.
The award categories are:
• Community Engagement
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Promoting the industry
• LandAid Award
• Rising Star
Criteria and Eligibility for Nominations
• We will accept nominations for all categories from any individual who has less than ten years’ experience working within the real estate industry; or a team or organisation where the nominated team leader or project director has less than ten years’ experience working within the real estate industry.
• Entries are welcomed from private, public, or not for profit organisations operating within the UK real estate sector. Nominations will be accepted from both BPF members and non-members.
• Nominations must relate to projects commenced within the last 12 months.
• Nominations open on 9 January 2019 and will close at midday on 31 March 2019. You can enter yourself, suggest a colleague or be nominated by a fellow real estate professional.
• Nominations are not accepted for the Rising Star category, the winner for this category will be chosen from all other submissions.
• Submissions should be no more than 650 words and no less than 550 words. You may include testimonials, references and press coverage to support your submission if it forms part of the 650-word count. Any submission that exceeds the word count limit will automatically be disqualified.
• Your nomination will be reviewed by members of the BPF Awards team who will then draw up a shortlist for each category. Our panel of expert judges will then review the shortlist and select the winners in each of the Award categories.
• The final winners for each category will be announced at an event in May – details TBC.
Should you require any further information about the eligibility or criteria process please email Sarah Francis (email@example.com).
Top 5 Tips for Completing a Nomination
• Keep to the word count! Anything over will be ignored – but do take advantage of it.
• Don’t be reticent. The panel of judges are looking for clear examples of how you or your project meet the general and specific eligibility criteria.
• Assume that the panel of judges know nothing about you or your project. Outline the context, what you did, why you did it, what were the challenges and the impact.
• Support your nomination with evidence such as data, statistics, testimonials and feedback.
• Highlight what you have done differently. The panel of judges want to hear about originality, innovation and new approaches.
Meet the Judges
This year’s judging panel will comprise:
• Ian Marcus, Senior Advisor, Eastdil Secured and BPF Honorary Life Member
• Mike Phillips, UK Editor, Bisnow
• Paul Morrish, Chief Executive, LandAid
• Brenda Bates, Director, Communications, Brand & Business Services, U+I
• Lois Kay, Development Surveyor, Peel Land and Property Group and BPF Futures Advisory Board member
1. Community Engagement: This award will recognise someone who has personally led a business unit or project delivering outstanding relationships with local people
2. Diversity and Inclusion: This award will recognise someone who has personally driven a more diverse and inclusive workplace
3. Promoting the industry: This award will recognise someone who has brought a new idea or initiative to help change the way the business or the industry is perceived
4. LandAid award: This award will recognise someone who has made an outstanding contribution to Landaid’s mission
5. Rising Star: The young professional of the year (chosen from the category award winners)
Submit a nomination
Click on our Judgify submission page and register your submission online. You can log back in to amend your submission if need be.